Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism could be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and clinical training information. Each problem provides coverage that is up-to-date of developments that enhance our knowledge of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic disorders. Regular top features of unique interest include initial reports of crucial improvements in patient-oriented hormonal and metabolic research, individual views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, medical training instructions, and situation reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Page to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Reaction
- Reports and guidelines
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
The next types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, is likely to be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are initial, investigative, medical studies according to formerly data that are unpublished. There are not any upper or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
- Situation Reports (not any longer available for submission after September 1, 2019) are explanations of an instance providing you with insights as a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or administration. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any a lot more than two numbers, two tables, and ten sources. All figures and tables should be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth focusing on to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates in connection with molecular and biochemical foundation for normal physiology and infection states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of hormonal and metabolic problems; as paperwriting well as other subjects strongly related the practice of medical endocrinology. An outline describing its contents, and the CVs of all authors involved unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, authors should include a prospectus with a brief narrative of the mini-review’s purpose and scope. These manuscripts can range between 2,000 terms to at the most 5,000 terms. Writers ought to include a quick section explaining the search techniques utilized to have information when it comes to mini-review. In the event that writers go for formerly posted figures or tables, the guidelines must be followed by them beneath the Publication Fees part.
- Meta-analyses should give attention to particular efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The presented manuscript must be produced from an in-depth analytical analysis of data found by an exhaustive search of currently published and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions of the type must consist of a plan and a statement that is narrative. There aren’t any limitations on term count, quantity of numbers, or quantity of recommendations. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or a co-employee Editor and certainly will typically address a prompt policy matter of extremely high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and now have no more than eight recommendations.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief that may examine principles and findings recently introduced in to the record that is scientific have actually exemplary interest. They’re typically as much as 1,000 terms in total, needs to have a maximum of eight sources, and possess no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite unpublished work or information.
- Views provide a viewpoint that is new policies and usually accepted maxims and techniques in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment centered on extremely recent newly posted information. They need to cite appropriate literature and are generally no more than 2,400 terms and now have a maximum of 25 sources. Views must not cite work that is unpublished information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, maybe perhaps not brand brand new information. Numbers must certanly be initial. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters to your Editor should talk about just articles posted in this log, and get submitted within 2 yrs of the article’s final book. Letters must be a maximum of 500 terms in length, do not have more than eight sources, and should never cite unpublished work or information. Letters will undoubtedly be posted during the discernment regarding the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web web page proofs before book. Just changes to correct grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. Regular book costs apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name regarding the format should be followed by the letter of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. Should your name perhaps maybe not follow this structure, it shall be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters towards the Editor reactions response to a Letter to Editor at no greater length as compared to initial page. Writers whose work is talked about in A letter towards the Editor will be invited to typically offer a reply. If accepted, writers might find page proofs before book. Only changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name for the format should be followed by the letter of “Response to Letter to the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your name perhaps perhaps maybe not follow this structure, it shall be standardised by the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a directory of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They will be susceptible to peer review and must certanly be modifiable in reaction to criticisms. They truly are typically a maximum of 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables needs to be original.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice instructions are manufactured by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are evidence based, and provide graded medical training guidelines. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned by the Endocrine Society to give analyses that are statistical help its Clinical Practice tips.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society because of its Clinical Practice instructions. These reviews address a definite medical concern by collecting and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility criteria.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives associated with the community’s Clinical Practice recommendations that health health supplement or touch upon developments into the condition area because the time of book of a Guideline.
- Policy views are derived from founded community policy positions and produced by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the account.
- Research Guides are manufactured by an specialist writing group with input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed with a writing group beneath the way of a Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and determining gaps into the literature that is scientific. They are developed with input from community committees and people.
- Consensus Statements give a comprehensive assessment by a professional panel of the medical or medical problem which might consist of ungraded suggestions. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other society that is professional teams, task forces, as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Usage of Peer Review: All submissions are at the mercy of peer that is external as directed by the journal editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are evaluated because of the Endocrine Society and selected outside professionals, and (2) conference abstracts, which, whenever published as being health health supplement to Journal regarding the Endocrine Society, have already been evaluated because of the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any concerns to email@example.com.
Publication Costs and Start Access
To learn more about some great benefits of account into the Endocrine Society, please look at the known Member pros page associated with the Endocrine Society’s web site.
- Endocrine Society people: $99 per PDF web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society people: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of creating their article Open Access if you are paying one more $3,000 for Open Access book, which include a license that is cc-by PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access regarding the log web web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you submit your manuscript to The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer option (B2J) through Editorial Manager and it is accepted for publication, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $250 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.